- Please read the Submission Guide
- You must include your email address in the email section in order for us to create an account for you so that you can edit your listing in the future
- Incomplete or inaccurate listings will not be approved
Dr. Azlina Firzah Abd. AzizMBBS, Masters in Surgery
Summary of CV for Dr. Azlina Firzah Abdul Aziz
Dr. Azlina Firzah Abdul Aziz was born in Beseri, Perlis, Malaysia. She had her early education in Convent Bukit Nanas, Kuala Lumpur (Primary & Secondary) and completed her Bachelors of Medicine and Surgery (MBBS) in University Malaya in 1990. She subsequently obtained her Masters in Surgery from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia in 2001.
Due to her interest in the field of Breast Surgery, she completed further subspecialty training in Breast & Endocrine Surgery in Kuala Lumpur Hospital and Putrajaya Hospital. Upon completion of subspeciality training, she was posted to Selayang Hospital in mid-2005. After serving almost 18 years in Ministry of Health of Malaysia, she commenced practice in Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur in July 2008.
She is currently one of the Resident Consultant Breast Surgeons in the Breast Care Centre, Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur in Bangsar. She has also been practising in ParkCity Medical Centre in Desa ParkCity since January 2016.
Apart from managing breast diseases in the outpatient clinics, she is also interested in promoting Women’s Health; the awareness of breast problems especially with regards to Breast Carcinoma is still sadly lacking in our society. She has been involved in giving Public talks & lectures on Breast Cancer (including screening breast examination) since 1999 and was the Chairperson for the Wear It Pink Breast 2009, 2011, 2013 & 2015 Awareness Campaigns for Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur. She is currently a member of the Breast Chapter in the College of Surgeons of Malaysia and also a Member of Malaysian Oncological Society.
Dr. Azlina Firzah has been trained and able to manage all surgical breast conditions – whether benign (non-cancerous) or cancer.
A. Triple Assessment is crucial in the investigation of any breast problem:
1. Complete and thorough history and clinical examination of individuals with breast problems
2. Imaging – which can include Mammogram (x-ray of the breasts), Ultrasound Breasts or even Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) in some situations; which Imaging modality depends on the breast problem ans age of the patient.
3. Pathology determination – via biopsy of the breast problem, the tissue is sent for Pathology lab processing and reporting. Microscopic investigations will be able to differentiate whether the breast problem is benign or cancerous.
B. Management of Benign breast diseases including Breasts abscesses (commonly detected in lactating women) and Chronic Granulomatous Mastitis – from diagnosis to surgery
C. Management of Early and late breast cancer – from diagnosis to surgery, including immediate reconstructions (joint/ combination surgeries with Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons)
D. Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsies in Early Breast Cancer (which reduces morbidity in the axilla when dealing with Breast cancer)
Breast Care Centre Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur 59100 Malaysia
Breast Clinic ParkCity Medical Centre Kuala Lumpur Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur 52200 Malaysia
We are currently open.
|Monday||2:00 pm||–||5:00 pm|
|Tuesday||9:00 am||–||5:00 pm|
|Wednesday||9:00 am||–||5:00 pm|
|Thursday||9:00 am||–||5:00 pm|
|Friday||9:00 am||–||5:00 pm|
|Saturday||9:00 am||–||1:00 pm|